Unknown callers can now be blocked, and a privacy check-up feature has just been added to WhatsApp as well. In the article about the WhatsApp beta for the Android 126.96.36.199 release, we included some information on a new privacy-checking feature. Over the past few months, WhatsApp has been introducing new privacy features. The most recent update includes two new features: Privacy Checkup and Silence Unknown Callers.
Silence Unknown Callers:
You can block calls from numbers that are not saved in your contacts using this feature. If you want to stop receiving telemarketer or spam calls, this can be useful. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Silence Unknown Callers to enable this feature.
- Android devices are the only ones that support this feature.
- The calls are not blocked, but they are silenced so that they don’t ring or vibrate.
- The missed calls are still visible in your call log.
With this function, you can manage all of your WhatsApp privacy settings in one place. Your current settings are listed in summary form, and you can modify any of them. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Privacy Checkup to access Privacy Checkup.
- Both Android and iOS devices support this feature.
- Your last seen status, online status, profile picture, and status are all listed along with a summary of your current privacy settings.
- Additionally, you can modify any of your settings from Privacy Checkup.
Even though the attached screenshot was taken from WhatsApp for Android, these features have been made available to users of iOS, as we noted in the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 188.8.131.52 update for the privacy checkup feature and the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update for the ability to silence unknown callers.
After downloading the most recent versions of WhatsApp for Android and iOS from the respective app stores, users will have access to features like the ability to block unauthorized calls and the privacy checkup feature. Keep your app updated if you want to use these two new features right away.